Steps to Effective Online Marketing (2 OF 5)
- Creating a Sitemap: For easier navigation it is always advised to include a sitemap to your website, especially if you own a large website. There are free tools such as XML-Sitemaps.com which assist in creating sitemaps for easy indexing by search engines. You can upload the sitemap generated using such websites and also submit the sitemap to Google, Yahoo!, and MSN.
- Create a Webpage for Every Keyword: External doorway or gateway pages were previously commonly adopted as means of increasing popularity of the websites; however, such strategies are outdated and no longer recommended by SEO specialists as you can get penalized for owning duplicate webpages. The presently recommended method of increasing traffic is to create different webpages within your current website, each based on every important keyword you want to rank for. For instance, if you use your website to provide web design and development services in Singapore, you can first find out all the popular keywords related to web design singapore or web development singapore rom keyword suggestion tools such as Google Insights for Search. Then, you can create separate webpages based on every keyword that you find are relevant to your website as a whole. Regardless, it should be understood that every webpage needs to be optimized for search engines and so, simply creating multiple keyword-based webpages within your website is not enough.
- SEO Fine-Tuning: After all the basic SEO strategies have been applied to your website, you can go one step further by fine-tuning your website. There are software like WebPosition which enables you to check your website's ranking and position among competitor websites using similar keywords. Moreover, WebPosition's Page Critic feature analyzes your website and determines keywords preferred by search engines which are related to your website. The tool also proposes recommendations to further enhance your website's performance and ranking. By regularly making use of such tools, you can further optimize your website by fine-tuning or modifying the website content as required or recommended. However, such maintenance can be slightly complicated and time-consuming, so, you can always seek assistance from SEO specialists to lessen your burden.
- Online Business Promotion: Simply creating a website with SEO content is not enough if you own a local business. As web-users search for local stores online, it is extremely important to include your store's street address, zip code, and contact number on every page of your website. It would also help to list a few surrounding stores or community locations associated with your store. Additionally, you can utilize Google Places for Business, Yahoo! Local, and Bing Local Listing Center to create free listings for your business.
- Online Promotion of Audio-Visual Content: Search engines like Google not only take into account the webpages' written contents but also the audio-visual contents such as videos, audio clips, and images. Therefore, it really helps to create such audio-visual contents to boost your website's ranking. However, like every other written content, images, audio clips, and videos need to be optimized for search engines in order to effectively contribute to the website's popularity.
This concludes article 1 of the 5 articles on the topic of effective web marketing of your website. Stay tuned as there are more articles to come which will help you boost your website's popularity.